“it’s not racist, it’s her personal fantasy” was a comment on that Darcy/M’baku post and like…
People’s fantasies can be racist.
- Cucking? Stems from a belief in hypersexual black men and a “shameful” desire to have one steal your girl (and force you to watch).
- People fetishize people of color? I mean… All the time. Porn categories on popular websites include “Ebony”, “Asian”, etc. As far as I can tell, none of these hub sites have a category just for white women.
- Non-Black people and a fetish for Big Black Cocks
- Big Black Cocks as a whole like that’s literally a thing reducing black men to their genitals and how they use them
- Within days of getting a fetlife account back when I was a younger adult, I had white people trying to spit game about me being the perfect “jungle bunny” for them
- Asian women seen as submissive sex partners which actively leads to violence against them from partners expecting a personality/response they’re unlikely to get
My thing is that like… Sex isn’t apolitical. Sexuality and kinks aren’t devoid of massive meaning. Just because something gets you off or satisfies you, that doesn’t mean that it’s a-okay and not even remotely worth considering critically.
And in the case of a non-Black person writing out a personal fantasy (not necessarily sexual, but… Not devoid of sexuality entirely) where a white woman scolds a black man who is repeatedly referenced as being bigger and aggressive…
Her personal fantasy about M’baku literally replicates racist sexual fantasies about Black men present for like five hundred years and someone out here wants to be like “her fantasies aren’t hurting anyone”
Okay but I mean… That’s not how that works.