I’m back with another “fandom racism” card, this one more explctly for the Black Panther fandom. I think this one can be used for scrolling through tumblr tags or AO3 as a drinking game, but I like my liver a bit too much to play it and see how it goes.
If you can’t read the bingo squares, here’s what they say (though the order may not match):
- Sizekink and/or Big Black Cock
- White ruler of Wakanda (other fandom)
- Shuri or Okoye as “sassy Black women”
- Black women as mammy figures for white chars
- Reverse racism
- “I can’t be a colonizer, my country never colonized anyone”
- Accusing Black fans of racism or gatekeeping
- “Wakanda-inspired” nations for white characters
- Hyper-focus on white characters in interacial ship stories
- Wakanda as a hot vacation spot for white characters
- “Saying T’challa wouldn’t date a white person is racist.”
- “For some reason, I just don’t like Nakia”
- Erik/T’challa or Erik/Shuri
- Sugar Daddy T’challa
- White ruler of Wakanda (MCU)
- Sam/Rhodey/Luke Cage, Who?
- Black character exists only to do emotional labor
- “You’re why people don’t like to write/draw Black characters in fandom.”
- Darcy in Wakanda
- White dude slashship references in headcanons/fic
- Assuming Wakandans are automatically homophobic/transphobic
- Aggressive Black characters
- “Why do you (Black) people hate interracial relationships?”
If you don’t get what a square means, please nudge me for clarification!
In case y’all were wondering (or are new to me/my blog) everything on this bingo card is a thing I’ve seen in fanworks or as a comment from fandom.
(And despite how many things are present on this card, there are still people sending me stuff that they’ve seen that I hadn’t thought to include or didn’t see.)